Pages

Friday, June 25, 2010

My PS3 Gaming Status

In total I purchased 7 titles, overall 8 games (one disc is a compilation of 2 games). Here is the latest status:  

 * Heavy Rain - DONE
 * Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - DONE
 * Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - DONE
 * God of War - DONE
 * God of War II - DONE
 * God of War III - DONE
 * Little Big Planet GotY - Ongoing
 * EyePet - Ongoing (?)

So essentially, I am now left high and dry..no PS3 game to keep me engaged. GoW collection was addictive, fun and a visual treat (2 and 3, at least). Narrative wise, Uncharted and Heavy Rain pleased me extremely. That leave the last two..

Little Big Planet is mainly a platformer.You can leave it and come back to it anytime without missing any 'continuity' of the story, as the game is scattered across levels. It's good to look at and has some thrilling, rushing moments, but the overall impression isn't that of something irresistible. I know it's there and I *might* play it, but..can't say when.

EyePet was sort of an impulsive purchase. I was sold on the 'concept' more than the execution. To experience AR (Augmented Reality) first hand..which seemed such an 'advanced' and innovative concept and more fascinatingly, it was so easily 'within reach'. Indeed, it costed a bomb (as it also comes with a PS3 camera), but still this thing sure seems for keeps due its futuristic-thing-in-your-living-room vibe..

The actual 'game' however, requires a large empty space for your pet to have an unobtrusive 'playground'. Since my room isn't so, there are gameplay limitations. The touch-detection with your pet isn't always spot-on and there are only so many things you can do without needing to unlock additional gameplay elements, and that itself requires relatively large empty space..thus, 'Notty' -my virtual pet- remains 'boxed' for now.

Another *really* promising title is Red Dead Redemption, developed by RockStar (of Grand Theft Auto game series), and there's a chance that it will eventually come on PC, like their other GTA games..so I am not willing to invest another 2300 bucks for playing it on PS3..

But I am patiently waiting for the PlayStation Move!!! The motion controller which lets you control the in-game characters and their actions merely by hand gestures..I am so willing to experience it. What's more, the Move can be used with existing titles from my collection (with a patch), namely Heavy Rain and EyePet ...so that's an added advantage.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Do you agree / disagree with my views? Please let me know. You can share your thoughts even if you don't have a registered account with Blogger..